Tune of the selected mode:
Bonello (modes per third):
- Bonello, Oscar J.: "A New Criterion for the Distribution of Normal Room Modes" - AES-Journal(USA) 29 (1981)
- Bonello, Oscar J.: "Acoustical evaluation and control of normal room modes" - JASA 66 (1979)
Displays the room in 3D.
Select a mode above to see its pressure zones.
In these areas the mode will be loudest, best to absorb and if the sub is inside such an area the mode will be most excited. So try to move your sub or your listening position out of those areas if you have a strong mode!
Red and blue means the same (maximum pressure). It is just easier to recognize the different zones at higher order modes with those two highly different colors.
- Bolt R.H.: "Spatial Resonance and Standing Wave Patterns in Small Models of Various Shapes", JASA 10 (1939)
- Bolt R.H.: "Frequency Distribution of Eigentones in a Three-Dimensional Continuum", JASA 10 (1939)
- Bolt R.H.: "Normal Modes of Vibration in Room Acoustics: Angular Distribution Theory", JASA 11 (1939)
- Bolt R.H.: "Angular Distribution of Normal Modes", JASA 11 (1939)
Additional data about the room:
|Equivalent absorption area needed:|
|Average absorption coefficient needed:|
- start the calculation anyway
- close this dialog and change your
- room dimension
- reverberation time
- lower/upper limit frequency for calculation